The Procurement and Project Estimator has a vital role within DMT in the purchasing and in the proposal estimating process. This is a facilitating role within the company executed from the Global Technology support group within DMT. The main responsibility of the position is to provide DMT with accurate and up-to-date pricing information, and with good connections to the market for equipment and manufacturing.
What you will do:
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing information from market suppliers
– Establish framework agreements with strategic suppliers
– Keep the ERP system up to date with equipment, part and manufacturing information and pricing
– Participate in the development of calculation tools for the main product groups
– Assist in RFQ processes for both Sales Engineering and Operations with pricing, availability and delivery information; perform the final check of the calculations, done by Sales Engineering
– Assist project teams in negotiations and supplier agreements
– Align with stakeholders (e.g. Finance, operations, sales, strategic suppliers etc..) on the methods of calculating used
– Participate in developing standard configurable design
– Maintain the integrity of the technical procurement process
– Perform tasks, as dictated by strategic procurement from DMT, on a tactical purchasing level.
– Maintain and execute the supplier performance analysis
– Further develop and maintain procurement conditions
What you must bring with you:
– BS degree in Engineering, or equivalent through work experience
– 5 years’ Experience with industrial technical equipment, both rotating and static
– Previous experience purchasing and estimating RFQ’s for a nonmanufacturing, smaller engineering firm
– Knowledge of the North American equipment supplier market; U.S. & Canada
– Proficiency in Excel and Word, ERP systems
– Ability to fluently converse in English
– Excellent writing skills, including ability to clearly communicate numerical data
– Strong negotiating experience
– Proficient organizational skills allowing for working with a number of highly detailed tasks simultaneously.
If our Procurement and Project Estimator position sounds like a great fit with your career aspirations, skills and experience, send us your resume. Please include a cover letter telling us how much industry experience you may have or any transferable skills you may have from your previous experience in a similar industry.
Apply through: Hiring Thing
Point of Contact: Annie