- Available at 02/2022
- Tualatin, OR
- Apply now
The Sales Engineer is responsible for the technical and commercial handling of the sales activities in Biogas Upgrading solutions and desulfurization. These activities are characterized as very diverse and can include long-term processes that require a great deal of consultation, punctuality and perseverance. It is an interdependent position within the Global Support Team that is supportive towards the sales department, where initiative, critical attitude and problem solving are key competencies.
- Within the DMT commercial processes, the Sales engineer is responsible for providing the Sales organization with designs and quotations. Quotations are provided to Sales based on a process design and cost estimation, made by the Sales Engineer. The Sales engineer coordinates this internal process.
- Holding a key position in the organization, the Sales Engineer is able to gather information from other departments and is able to combine this to achieve better results and improve the company’s position in the market. The Sales Engineer is able and comfortable to give an estimate and make assumptions, based on -sometimes imperfect- provided information
- The Sales Engineer possesses both technical (process) knowledge and commercial skills to share knowledge with potential clients. Being the technical expert in reference visits, trade shows and in sales meetings, the Sales Engineer works together with Area Sales Managers to close deals.
- During meetings with clients or with an Area Sales Manager, the Sales Engineer is able to clarify the customer demands, make inventory of relevant factors that influence the progress and the end result, analyzing information and making directional choices to bring a project to a successful end.
- The Sales Engineer supports sales through various ways until final closing and internal handover. This includes the willingness to travel to support sales in the field for opportunities or trade shows.
- The sales Engineer updates, improves and maintains in cooperation with the team: Quotations templates, Calculation tools from a process- and costing methodology and CRM system.
- Bachelor Degree in Process- or Chemical Engineering
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in a similar industry doing sales engineering support or process engineering work.
- Experience and ability reading and interpreting diagrams, drawings and blueprints to ensure accuracy and clarity to sales team and customers in a credible manner; acting as the technical expert on the sales team.
- Previous consulting or sales responsibilities in a related industry is a plus.
- Experience and ability to competently use engineering software; Microsoft Office, especially Excel; Chemcad experience would be a plus.
- Basic know how in addition to Process- and/or Chemical engineering towards mechanical and electrical would be a plus.