- Available at 4/19/2021
- Apply now
The Commissioning Engineer installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment. Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, ordering and replacing parts as needed. Researches and answers customer questions about product features, issues and upgrades. Performs general maintenance of product, start-up testing and customer training. Has solid knowledge of the organization’s products and services. Reports to the Service Manager and internal and external stakeholders. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- Installs, commissions and repairs electronic and mechanical equipment performed in field installations
- Oversees installation of equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Consults with customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment
- Studies P&ID’S, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation, operational and maintenance procedures
- Performs commissioning and testing of controls as well as installation and field wiring of process instruments and controls system components.
- Performs on-site walk-throughs to verify correct installation of instrumentation and capture findings on reports.
- Tests and calibrates systems to verify equipment settings and to analyze malfunctions.
- Work preparation for jobs by reviewing and interpreting maintenance manuals, schematics
- Able to read electrical drawings and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of equipment and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Organization of pre and post reporting and documentation, PO creation as needed, orders equipment, updates ERP system and prepares service proposals.
- Instructs and directs workers in operating, servicing and repairing equipment.
- Works with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and provide feedback on RCA reports.
- Supervises workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance for DMT and the Customer.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Maintains key relationships with engineers, customers, vendors and team.
- Contributes in people’s development (e.g. coach junior engineers)
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associates’ in Engineering or process technology preferred.
- 5-7 years in related onsite Commissioning experience Required.
- Years of experience in industry may be considered in place of Degree.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs and motor controls, Studio5000 experience highly preferred
- Experience with electrical systems up to 480VAC is desirable, 4160V would be a plus.
- Experience with computer networking is desirable.
- Experience with light mechanical work is desirable.
- Working in one or more of the following service areas: Natural Gas, Biogas or Chemical processing.
- Experience working at locations like Landfills, Wastewater Plants, and or Industrial Waste Treatment Plants.