Area Sales Manager
- Available at 8/1/2021
- Oregon, USA
- Apply now
The Area Sales Manager performs a leading role in the realization of DMT sales objectives for assigned target markets, products and services, reaching the established agreed upon targets and goals set by the Chief Commercial Officer. They must establish, maintain and expand their customer base while servicing the needs of existing customers and increasing business opportunities through various routes to market. The Area Sales Manager is the expert in understanding their products, market area, trends, opportunities and competitive activity.
- Oversee the development of business plans and strategies for a specific product, target market or geographical area
- In conjunction with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), conduct sales forecast to determine company financial objectives and target markets for a product/service
- Visit existing and potential clients to offer products/services and to elaborate on product features
- Contact current and potential customers via cold calls, emails, and arranged meetings to secure sales deals and contract.
- Maintain CRM system with current and potential customer information.
- Monitor sales and profit for each account.
- Preparing account profiles for company accounts.
- Present periodic reports to CCO on sales operations.
- Responsible for the input of sales records and customer accounts into the CRM.
- Conduct research to identify new sales opportunities, new product opportunities and trending consumer needs.
- Be aware of competitive activities within major accounts.
- Be aware of competing technologies, market changes and market opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers, agents and other partners if appropriate.
- Continued account management for customers after project close. In the lead for Change Order and customer satisfaction.
- Up to 30-50% travel in North America.
- Based in the Portland, Oregon area.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science and/or business-related discipline. Credentials from a commercial sales training program is a plus.
- 5+ years of sales experience; Work within the following industries is a plus: Biogas/Anaerobic Digestion, Waste/Wastewater Treatment, Oil & Gas or Agriculture.
- Experience in sales with a successful track record in the capital markets.
- Excellent communication skills in general with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, to identify potential risks and liabilities.
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- First class consultative sales skills.
- Ability to complete management reports on time is essential.
- Good technical background in product area.
- Proven record of effectively meeting sales quotas.